The role of a missions mobilizer is to get people involved in missions. George Verwer in his book “Out of the comfort zone and into missions” offers some tips on how to be one:
- Walk with God. Be Spirit-filled and a person of prayer.
- Take ownership of world evangelism. Set goals and aims (e.g. To send 1 missionary out, support 10 indigenous workers, have 5 mission trips next year, etc.)
- Develop a greater knowledge of world missions. Read books, meet missionaries, etc.
- Use available tools. Attend mission events, conferences, missions training courses/schools
- Church involvement. Be involved in your local church.
- Get others involved in evangelism and ministry. E.g. short-term programs, summer programs, long-term programs, etc.